Good googly is this pie gooooood! This is basically a quick and easy cheesecake substitute. It doens't taste just like cheesecake, but it is along the same lines. My son helped me make this, that is just how easy it is.
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Place softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl; add condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Chill for 5 hours.
DO NOT FREEZE!!!
I prefer to serve the cherry topping in a seperate bowl, instead of putting directly on top of the pie. Some people prefer the pie with out the cherries, so by putting it in a bowl people can add the cherries if they would like. I think the tartness of the cherries really helps add to the taste of this pie, though. This pie is the perfect mix of sweet, tart and creamy!
This recipe must be followed exactly for it to
work correctly. No low-fat substitutions or
omissions of the lemon juice.